Your privacy is very important to us. We created this policy to help you understand the terms and conditions on how we gather and use information about our users. In this privacy statement we disclose what information we collect and how we use it.
1. Information we collect
As a condition to use some of our services and features you need to provide us with information about yourself. These include access to subscription-only areas, the ability to post your own opinions or other content, participation in contents and/or polls, subscriptions to email newsletters, the ability to post classifieds, and participation in message boards. We collect information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number when you provide it to us. When necessary, we may also collect other information such as your job title, gender, username and password.
We take security seriously and we are committed to making sure your information is secure. We developed appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures and operations to protect and secure the information we gather from you.
3. How we use the information we gather
We use the information we gather to:
- enhance our products and services and improve user experience on our web site. We track some information to understand how our pages perform based on user demographics and traffic patterns. By carefully analysing this information and making the necessary enhancements we keep improving our service on a constant basis;
- customize the ads and the content you see;
- make sure you can use some services and features, such as emailing newsletters and enabling you to post reviews and other information, post classifieds, participate in polls/contests and message boards;
- email you the content you confirmed you want to receive. We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
On our web site we utilise technologies known as transparent GIFs or beacons. Such technologies help us further enhance our products and services by tracking and analysing some information about your visits to our pages: your IP address, pages you visited, time of your visits. This automatically gathered information alone can not be matched with your personal data unless you intentionally provided us with personally identifiable information about yourself in some areas of our web site.
We use information gathered through cookies and tracking technologies for:
- allowing you to post your opinions on products;
- accumulating information about return visits to our web site or to our advertisers' or partners' web sites;
- collecting and analysing statistical information about our web site usage and ads effectiveness;
- understanding the best and most popular services and pages on our web site;
- serving the most relevant content or ads based on information provided by you;
- storing some data to help you login without entering your password.
We do not share your personal information with other companies. However we allow some companies who help us with advertisements and statistics to use tracking technology on your computer to make sure we improve your overall experience and provide you with better services as explained above. Because we do not share your personal information, other companies can not identify you unless you visit their web sites and share your personally identifiable information with them. The way our advertisers and partners use such tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
5. How we share the information
We only share your personally identifiable information if:
- you gave us your permission and we think it will be of benefit to you;
- we are required to share such information by law
Your personally identifiable information is available to other companies and people when:
- you created publicly available information by participating in forums, reviews, or any other forms of public interaction.
- you chose to share your information when you registered for one of our services or updated your profile later on.
- we utilise third-party solutions for email message delivery, data processing, and other services and products you have chosen. These companies only use such information to help us with delivering useful services to you. They are not allowed to use your information for any other purposes and they are not allowed to store your information permanently.
- you won a prize in a contest/giveaway that is organized by us and a third party and that third party can not contact you in regard to delivering the prize without us sharing your information with them.
- required by law, for example when we respond to court orders, or any legal or other processes as required by law.
6. Buying another web site, selling this web site, or merging with another entity
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our web site. To improve our services and products, we may buy another web site or sell this web site, or we may merge with another entity. If we sell this web site, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale so that you may continue to use our services without interruption or for other business purposes.
7. Controlling your personal information
If you do not want to share your personal information you do not need to enter this information on our web site. You will be able to browse our web site and enjoy many services without being registered or without providing your personal information. However you will not be able to use some services that require providing your personal information. If you do not want to share your personal information you will also be able to:
- unsubscribe from any subscriptions you subscribed to on our web site through a special email subscription management process. Specifically, to unscubscribe, you will need to follow the instructions at the end of any e-mail message you receive from us.
- not provide your personal information by not registering or not using the services that require you to do so.
8. Links to other web sites
10. Children privacy
Our web site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.Effective date: January 17, 2015